Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd March 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||25th February 1981|
|Next episode||4th March 1981|
Deirdre looks over the flat Mike is planning to buy - 46b, St. Mary's Place, for £28,000. Annie returns from Casablanca to find Carole and Diane behind the bar. She cannot believe that Bet and Betty have walked out and that Fred has stolen from the bar and threatened Gordon Lewis. Bert asks Len to take him on as a labourer. Len feels embarrassed as he's a skilled man but agrees. Fred puts his side of the story to Annie. She sides with him. She arranges to see Betty and Bet only to discover Bet has another job and could also get Betty one. The customers seem happy with the new barmaids.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- St. Mary's Place
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Location filming for the exterior of St. Mary's Place was conducted at an apartment block immediately south of St. John's Gardens, Lower Byrom Street, Manchester, next to the Museum of Science and Industry and Granada Television's Quay Street studios. Mike Baldwin parks his car on Tonman Street. The flat in real life was owned by Johnny Briggs as his weekday base in Manchester. See 46b, St. Mary's Place for other appearances and further details of the site.
- TV Times synopsis: What on earth is Annie Walker going to say when she gets back from her cruise and finds out what's been going on behind her back…? Mike Baldwin is thinking of buying a pad of his own where he can do a little entertaining. But who's the lady he's invited to look it over with him?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,050,000 viewers (3rd place).
|March 1981 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|