|ITV transmission date||23rd March 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||18th March 1981|
|Next episode||25th March 1981|
Gail asks Brian to take more responsibility with Nicky and stop acting as if he is single. Annie returns from visiting Joan to discover that Fred has a girlfriend. Eunice Nuttall arrives at the Rovers. Annie and Bet are amazed that she seems so nice. Len refuses to give the paper boys a rise. One of them, Richard Dickinson, threatens a strike. Len doesn't believe him. Gail is annoyed when Brian tries to get out of spending an evening at home with his family.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Eunice Nuttall - Meg Johnson
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- First appearance of Eunice Nuttall.
- TV Times synopsis: The joys of marriage and parenthood are wearing a little thin for Gail and Brian Tilsley. Len turns down the paper lads' demand for a pay rise - and faces the threat of a strike at the Kabin.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,850,000 viewers (4th place).
|March 1981 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|