Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st April 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||30th March 1981|
|Next episode||6th April 1981|
Stan, Eddie and Hilda spend the morning searching through the tip for their washing. They give up as there are thousands of identical bags on the tip. Hilda is distraught. Ron Sykes has told Brian that due to the recession there will be no more overtime. Len offers Richard Dickinson a 50p rise instead of £1 demanded. Mike apologises to Deirdre for taking her for granted. She still maintains that their relationship is over. Eddie organises a whip-round for the Ogdens but the residents are reluctant to chip in. Len and Richard settle on a 65p pay rise and Richard calls off the strike. Brian tells Bert he's fed up with Gail being tired all the time, bills, mortgage and a crying baby. He upsets Ivy by saying he wishes he'd never married. Deirdre invites Ken for a meal. He accepts. Annie gives Hilda some spare blankets. Fred admits to Betty he'd like to marry Eunice.
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eunice Nuttall - Meg Johnson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Rubbish tip
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for coverage of the League Cup Final replay in England. In Scotland, the film Kelly's Heroes was shown in the same timeslot.
- TV Times synopsis: Why are Stan, Hilda and Eddie spending April Fools' Day searching the council rubbish tip? There is a show-down between Mike and Deirdre - is she prepared to forgive and forget?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,860,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|April 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|