Elsie and Wally Randle enjoyed a night out together in Macclesfield. Fred checks with the brewery that he's still entitled to his own pub if he's married. Annie is surprised that Fred is planning to marry to get a pub. Brian apologises to Gail for being so horrid. He realises that he has to grow up and fight for his family. They agree to face the future together. Fred goes to the Brewery to see Richard Cresswell where he is told he can certainly have a pub of his own. Brian pleases Gail by taking her out for the evening. Rita babysits. They thank Bert for helping them to sort things out. Wally dislikes his digs so Elsie invites him to lodge with her. Fred tells Eunice that he can only get a pub if he's married and proposes to her. She accepts, he is delighted.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Eunice Nuttall - Meg Johnson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Newton & Ridley - Exterior
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Mark Eden makes a pre-Alan Bradley appearance as Wally Randle.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Eunice Nuttall accept Fred Gee's marriage proposal? What will Wally Randle say when Elsie Tanner repeats her offer of marriage?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,851,000 viewers (1st place).
|April 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|