|ITV transmission date||13th April 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||8th April 1981|
|Next episode||15th April 1981|
Bet is astounded to hear that Fred is engaged. Fred tries to keep the engagement a secret but Eunice tells everyone and he is forced to buy drinks all round. Mike entertains Sonia Price to an intimate dinner at the flat. Elsie shows Wally round No.11. She is glad to have a man about the house. Mike gets drunk on purpose so Sonia has to spend the night in the flat. He is furious when Frankie arrives and ruins his plans. Sonia cooks a meal for him. Eunice tells Fred that she has faith in him. He is touched. Frankie invites himself to spend the night on Mike's sofa. Sonia goes home in a taxi. Elsie gives Wally a key to the house.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eunice Nuttall - Meg Johnson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Mark Eden makes a pre-Alan Bradley appearance as Wally Randle.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin plans a romantic evening with Sonia Price - but a surprise visitor spoils it. Elsie Tanner entertains Wally Randle at home for the first time, and offers him lodgings. Will he accept?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,411,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|