Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th April 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||13th April 1981|
|Next episode||20th April 1981|
Fred lays into Frankie about his bounced cheque. Mike stops Fred from hitting him. Frankie swears that he'll get the cash from the bank. Alf is furious when Fred believes him. Wally Randle moves into No.11. Eunice tells Fred she'd like an engagement ring. Frankie repays Alf and Fred in full. The Police have dropped their enquiries and the video business is booming. Ken plans an Easter trip to see Susan. He invites Deirdre to join him but she has promised to take Tracy and Emily to Blackpool. Mike gets rid of Frankie and entertains Sonia Price again. Emily tells Deirdre that she can take Tracy to Blackpool on her own so Deirdre agrees to go to Glasgow with Ken. Frankie turns up at Mike's flat again after missing the London train. Mike takes him to the station personally to get him on the next one. Fred wants to marry as soon as possible. Eunice wants to wait until they have a pub set up. Elsie tells Wally she enjoys his company. He realises that she is in love with him and wants a relationship with him. She tells him she admires him for not making a pass at her. He tells her that she's got it all wrong, he only wants to be a lodger. She tells him that she wants him but he makes her realise that she's too old for him and leaves. She breaks down.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eunice Nuttall - Meg Johnson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Mark Eden makes a pre-Alan Bradley appearance as Wally Randle.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner makes a big play for Wally Randle…and gets the shock of her life. Tongues start wagging when Deirdre Langton and Ken Barlow arrange to take a very special trip
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,402,000 viewers (3rd place).
|April 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|