Brian works through Easter as they need the overtime. Elsie forces herself to go into work. When Hilda insults her about throwing herself at Wally Randle, Elsie tells her to drop dead. Elsie hits the gin in her depression. Gail goes to see Elsie and is offered a part-time job at the cafe but Brian refuses to let her return to work. She doesn't feel they can cope as they owe so much money. Brian tells Gail that only a slut would return to work with a baby. Ivy advises Gail and Brian to sell up and return to living with her and Bert at No.5. Eunice shows off her engagement ring.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Eunice Nuttall - Meg Johnson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Viaduct Garage
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- This Easter Monday episode was broadcast at 7.00pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Fairclough suspects that all is not well in Elsie Tanner's private life and asks a few searching questions. Gail Tilsley has a solution to her financial problems - she thinks.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,345,000 viewers (This was the lowest rated episode of the year and failed to make the top twenty in the viewing charts).
|April 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|