Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd April 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||20th April 1981|
|Next episode||27th April 1981|
Emily takes Tracy to Blackpool. Gail refuses to live with Ivy again, even if they have to starve. Ron Sykes advises Brian to send Gail out to work for more money. Fred and Eunice hear that they're in line for the tenancy of The Crown and Kettle. Ron finds it difficult running the garage and his filling station. When his night shift employee resigns he offers the job to Brian. Annie gets Douglas Cresswell to agree not to give Fred a pub until she has found a replacement cellarman. Gail gets a part-time job at the cafe but Brian refuses to leave Nicky with a childminder and decides to take the job at the filling station. Fred and Eunice view The Crown and Kettle. Elsie breaks down and admits to Len that Wally Randle rejected her. She is upset when he doesn't sympathise with her. Gail is upset at the prospect of Brian working nights as well as during the day.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Eunice Nuttall - Meg Johnson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Viaduct Garage
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- The Crown and Kettle
- TV Times synopsis: Tongues start wagging in the Street about Elsie Tanner and Len Fairclough decides to have a talk with her. Gail and Brian Tilsley quarrel about their financial situation and Brian thinks of a way to help…but will Gail approve?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,338,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|