|ITV transmission date||17th February 1961 (Friday)|
|Previous episode||15th February 1961|
|Next episode||22nd February 1961|
Annie takes Jack to task for his drunken behaviour in front of George Davies. Joan and Gordon choose kitchen furniture. Their courting is interrupted by Billy and they go to a furniture exhibition. Billy goes out on the tiles with money given to him separately by both Jack and Annie. Christine helps Concepta choose a new raincoat. Esther tells Florrie she starts her new job at a mail order firm in Manchester on Monday. Christine cold-shoulders Esther who is amused at her behaviour. Ena tells Harry that people are gossiping about him and Eileen Hughes. Concepta tells him that people won't stop the gossip until he remarries and makes it clear she'd be interested. Harry agrees to help out behind the bar on the morning of the wedding. He looks forward to Concepta showing him the ropes. Ena and Martha continue to chatter about Harry's love life. The Cheveskis discover that their landlady won't have children in the house in Warrington, and they think of buying No.9 but Ivan will need to look for another job nearer home. Elsie is delighted that they'll be closer and promises them some of her furniture. They drink to the future. Christine tells Joe to ignore the talk about them. She invites him into the house where they start to kiss but Joe loses his nerve. Elsie tells an amused Linda and Ivan about Joyce Bond and her job as a snake-charmer and stripper. Coming home in the early hours of the morning, Dennis sneaks a cardboard box into the house.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Front room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- This episode did not begin with the usual title sequence but instead displayed the title over the photocaption of the terraced streets of Ordsall, frequently used for the closing credits in the early 1960s.
- From dialogue within the episode, it is inferred that Joan Walker and Gordon Davies's wedding date is fixed for 4th March.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 25 (6th March 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,338,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|February 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Wed 8th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th|