Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||25th May 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||20th May 1981|
|Next episode||27th May 1981|
Beattie Pearson arrives. She congratulates Ken on his engagement but doesn't think much of Deirdre as she's divorced. The Gees return from honeymoon. Eunice starts bossing Fred around and makes herself at home in the Rovers. Beattie looks through Albert's Post Office account. Albert complains to her that she hasn't seen him for six months. The Jacksons and Tilsleys have a picnic. Colin flirts with Gail but Brian thinks he's harmless. Albert accuses Beattie of wanting something. She tells him she wants to know what arrangements Ken has made for him. Eunice starts to take over the Rovers and Annie doesn't like it. Beattie accuses Ken of abandoning Albert. He suggests she takes him in but she says she hasn't the room. Knowing Brian is at work, Colin calls on Gail. He makes a pass at her, telling her he fancies her. She says she doesn't fancy him and slaps his face when he comes on strong.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson (Credited as "Eunice Nuttall")
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Unknown picnic location
- In the scene where Beattie Pearson nosies through Albert's bureau drawer and looks at his Post Office account book, it can be clearly seen that the address is "10 Coronation Street" instead of "No.1".
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley's friend, Colin Jackson, makes a pass at Gail. The honeymooners Fred and Eunice Gee return to the Rovers. How will life with Annie Walker work out for them?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 10,850,000 viewers (20th place). Of episodes within the top twenty, this was the least watched episode of the year however Episode 2092 (20th April 1981) had less viewers with 9,345,000 watching placing it outside the top twenty.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|May 1981 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|