Emily and Mavis decide to travel to London to watch the Royal Wedding. Ken starts to organise Social Services for Albert. Eddie has a day off and digs Albert's allotment over. Len doesn't understand Rita when she is moody. Annie feels that the Gees are putting up with her. She wants them to leave. Albert refuses to have a home help. Eunice sits behind the bar and acts as hostess of the Rovers. Annie bites her tongue. Rita tells Len that she wants to be a mother and she'd like to adopt. She feels she needs a child to fill a gap in her life. Len feels too old to have a child. Albert tells Ken that he might as well shut him away in a home. Deirdre finds him collapsed in the Street.
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough notices that Rita has become very moody - and he's in for a surprise when he finds out the reason for her mysterious behaviour.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,900,000 viewers (4th place).
|June 1981 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|