Albert recovers in bed after his fall. Ken thinks that he's making the most of it. Len tells Rita they'll be too old to adopt. She can't accept that she'll never be a mother. Fred wants to spend his day off at Old Trafford but has to chauffeur Annie and Eunice to Altrincham. The brewery writes to Fred giving him an interview as they've got a vacancy. Dr Judith Hollins tells Ken that the only thing wrong with Albert is his age and he shouldn't be left on his own. Fred gets drunk as a celebration and slaps Annie's bottom. Surprisingly, she is amused. Ken tells Albert that he and Deirdre will be living with him when they marry. Len tells Rita that he was a bad father and wouldn't be any good. He tells her that no one will let her adopt a baby and asks her to forget all about it.
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Events dictate an important change of plans for Ken Barlow and Deirdre Langton. A confrontation between Len Fairclough and Rita ends in tears.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,800,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1981 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|