|ITV transmission date||17th June 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||15th June 1981|
|Next episode||22nd June 1981|
Eddie and Stan tell Hilda all about the strippers at the Sports and Social Club but Hilda is adamant that Stan spent the night with Freda Woods at the Legion. Hilda washes her hands of Stan and tells him she's not feeding him anymore. Fred gets a letter from the brewery saying he can't have a pub. Hilda goes to the Legion to see Freda and accuses her of having an affair with Stan. Freda doesn't remember who walked her home on the night in question. Gladys Turnbull tells Rita that she and her husband have decided to take the baby on themselves. Rita wishes her well. Hilda tells Stan he's a fool to see other women. She realises he's weak. He promises not to be weak again. Elsie searches for a job. Bert's dole is cut as he's been claiming for over six months. Eddie takes Freda to the Rovers. She doesn't recognise Stan and upsets Hilda by saying she'd have to be desperate to spend the night with him. Fred swears to Eunice he'll find out why they've been turned down. Len tells Rita they should look into fostering. She agrees.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- British Legion - Exterior
- Emily Bishop makes reference to when she and Ernest Bishop were foster parents to Vernon and Lucy Foyle but states their father, Winston, took them back on Christmas Eve however the events depicted in Episode 1455 (30th December 1974) took place on Christmas Day.
- TV Times synopsis: A certain barmaid, who helped keep Stan Ogden out late, must face a showdown with his wife Hilda. Fred and Eunice Gee hear news about their application for a pub of their own.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,300,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989 released on 31st October 2005.
|June 1981 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|