Ken plans to decorate No.1 himself, Deirdre doesn't think that he's capable. Len goes to the Social Services about fostering. Jim's wife Alma Sedgewick tries to cope at the cafe single-handedly. Eunice thinks that Annie's reference might have put the brewery off. Social Worker Don Worthington interviews the Faircloughs at No.9. The Vicar at St. Mary's Church refuses to marry Ken and Deirdre as she's divorced. John Ridley tells Fred that he was turned down as the Gees are unsuitable. The Faircloughs fill in fostering forms. Annie interviews Frank Pritchard, the prospective new potman. Elsie asks Alma for a job at the cafe. Alma agrees to take her on - as her assistant, and for less money than before. Annie arranges with Pritchard to move in as soon as the Gees leave. The Gees are forced to tell her about their rejection. Annie tells them that she'll get to the bottom of the matter with the brewery.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- St. Mary's Church - Exterior
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- First appearance of Alma Sedgewick.
- Brian Capron makes the first of several appearances as Donald Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- TV Times synopsis: How will Annie Walker react to some staggering news from Fred Gee and his bride Eunice? Deirdre Langton has her heart set on a church wedding. Will her wish be fulfilled?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,200,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1981 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|