Ken and Deirdre struggle with the decorating. Elsie feels it's a bit of a comedown to be a waitress. Alf and Emily agree to provide references for the Faircloughs. Annie phones Douglas Cresswell and discovers that the Gees have been rejected because Eunice was sacked for stealing in a previous job at the Foundryman's Arms. Bert is thrilled when Deirdre asks him to decorate for them. Ken gets a vicar to marry them on the 27th July. The Faircloughs go on holiday to the Cotswolds and look forward to fostering when they return. Annie tells Eunice that her past has caused the rejection.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street exterior - Yards
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Yard
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner needs a job, but will she overcome her pride to get one? Ken Barlow sets out to see if he can make Deirdre Langton's dream come true. What news will he bring her?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,100,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1981 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|