Annie tells Eunice that she must tell Fred about her past before the brewery do. Bert decorates No.1 for Ken and Deirdre. Ken pays him £30 in cash. Alf is upset that Len is Ken's best man. Eunice tells Fred about the £30 she supposedly stole from the Foundryman's Arms. She swears she didn't steal the money but he tells her that he only married her to get a pub. Fred swears to make the brewery change their mind as she's innocent. Ken and Deirdre buy her wedding ring. She asks Alf to give her away. He tells her that he'll be proud. Fred phones the brewery and arranges to see John Ridley. Eunice begs Fred to leave it alone for her sake. Elsie is furious when Alma Sedgewick constantly takes time off. Annie hires Maurice Dodds to decorate the Rovers' living quarters. She is shocked to discover that he's normally an artist.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Will Eunice reveal to Fred the real reason why he has been turned down for his own pub? How will Elsie get on at the café, now she is working under the eye of the owner's wife?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,150,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1981 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|