Stan refuses to work his round as his back causes him pain when he climbs the ladder. Annie agrees to exhibiting Maurice's paintings in the Rovers. Bet tells Eunice that Fred was suspended for drinking from the optics. Ken is delighted when Susan agrees to be a bridesmaid. Eunice tells Fred his suspension was just as bad as her sacking. She calls him a hypocrite. He tells her that he's had enough of married life. Eunice suggests they move back in with her dad but Fred refuses. Eddie tries to sell Maurice's paintings but no one is interested. Deirdre asks Emily if she'd look after Tracy during the honeymoon. Emily is delighted but realises that she'll have to cancel her London trip. Eddie gives Stan an extending window sponge so he can clean first floor windows. Stan tells him that he's a genius. Ken agrees to having another child. Mavis admires Maurice's paintings. She tells him that she envies his talent. He sells her a picture for £5. He encourages her to paint and offers to help her.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Who is Mavis Riley's new man friend and why is she taking such an interest in his work? Eddie Yeats comes to the rescue when Stan Ogden's window cleaning ladders start getting him down.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,700,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|