The Faircloughs return from holiday. Annie returns from Derby and is furious to find the Gees still in residence at the Rovers. Eunice tells Annie that she can't throw Fred out - she owes him so much. Mavis enjoys drawing with Maurice Dodds. She thinks he's romantic. Annie feels as if she's got squatters. The factory girls plan a send off for Lynn Watts who is marrying and emigrating to Australia. Maurice tells Mavis that she needs to be more confident and express herself in her paintings. He wants to try drawing a nude but needs a model. He tells Mavis that he'll draw her in the nude if she'd let him.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Unknown waterside location
- First appearance of Ida Clough since 18th March 1981.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy Tilsley, Vera Duckworth and the factory girls plan a big send-off for a workmate who's getting married and emigrating. How will Annie Walker react to what she finds at the Rovers Return?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,750,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|