Eunice has walked out on Fred. Blanche and Susan arrive for the wedding. Peter can't get leave from the Navy. Fred refuses to make the first move towards a reconciliation with Eunice. Betty warns him that he could lose her for good. Emily puts Blanche up at No.3. Fred finds Eunice at her dad's house. He tells her that he doesn't want them to split and she agrees. Susan is planning to go to University when she gets her exam results. Rita assures Maurice that Mavis is dead keen to be painted. Eunice tells Fred to ask Annie about him keeping his job but living off the premises. Maurice makes arrangements to paint Mavis the next evening. Billy phones and tells Annie that he can't get time off to visit.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Sid Clarke's house - Eunice's bedroom
- First appearance of Susan Barlow since 9th April 1980.
- First appearance of Blanche Hunt since 15th November 1978.
- TV Times synopsis: Fred Gee is confident that Eunice will make the first move to patch up the rift in their marriage. But will she? Deirdre Langton's mother, Blanche, and Ken Barlow's daughter, Susan, arrive - all set for the wedding.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,100,000 viewers (3rd place).
|July 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|