Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th December 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||17th December 1962|
|Next episode||24th December 1962|
Minnie finds it hard to learn her ten lines. Word spreads that Len has failed an insurance medical. Jed goes to Liverpool to get costumes for the play. Sheila and Doreen drop out of the play to concentrate on boys. Albert threatens to tell Ken about the money situation if Val doesn't. Ken's replacement arrives at Bessie Street School and Albert tells Ken about the money, who decides not to give up teaching. Swindley tries to hold a dress rehearsal with no costumes and with everything falling down around him. Jed turns up with the costumes, which all turn out to be from the wrong period.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- TV Times synopsis: The play - and the Barlows - strike trouble
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,619,000 homes (2nd place).
|December 1962 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|