|ITV transmission date||29th July 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||27th July 1981|
|Next episode||3rd August 1981|
Mavis and Betty set off to London to see the Royal Wedding. The residents have prepared the Street with Union Jacks to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Hilda is upset that she has to watch the wedding on a black and white television. Annie moves her television into the Select for the customers to watch. Emily enjoys looking after Tracy. Eddie borrows a colour TV for the day for Hilda. She takes her curlers out to watch and settles down. Annie tells Fred she'd rather employ him than Frank Pritchard. Fred tells her that he'll let her know his decision. Annie's TV breaks down. No one can make it work. Eddie hires Hilda's TV for £10 to Annie. Mike gets Susan a holiday job as a barmaid in a Chiswick wine bar. Susan is thrilled. Eunice tells Annie that Fred can stay on at the pub only on the condition that he no longer lives in and is given an extra £12.50 a week. Fred is amazed when Annie agrees. The Faircloughs are asked to foster a thirteen-year old boy immediately.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, Select and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Sid Clarke's house - Hallway
- Ken Barlow (William Roache) and Deirdre Langton (Anne Kirkbride) are credited but don't appear.
- Last appearance of Susan Barlow until 21st October 1985 and final appearance of Suzy Paterson in the role. The role is reprised by Wendy Jane Walker in her next appearance.
- Last appearance of Blanche Hunt until 13th November 1996.
- This episode was transmitted at 6.45pm due to changed schedules as a result of the Royal Wedding.
- TV Times synopsis: Not having been invited to the Royal Wedding, Annie Walker arranges a public TV viewing. But she runs into trouble… Meanwhile, Len and Rita Fairclough face a very big decision.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,200,000 viewers (5th place).
|July 1981 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|