Elsie starts as a machinist at Baldwin's Casuals. She tells Ivy that she realises she's going to be treated as one of the girls. Rita isn't sure if she's up to fostering. Glenda Fox asks Brian to look over her car personally. John Spencer and his rabbit George arrive at No.9. He is sullen and frightened. Fred moves his things into Eunice's room. Rita tries to win John's confidence. Elsie's work isn't up to scratch. Ivy finds it hard to tell her what to do. Glenda flirts with Brian. He finds there's nothing wrong with her car. Len is put out when John doesn't like football. John says that he likes fishing so Len agrees to take him. Elsie and Vera see Brian and Glenda out in her car, with Glenda stroking his hair.
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Ginger - Chris Fairbank
- Glenda Fox - Hazel Clyne
- John Spencer - Jonathan Barber
- Donald Worthington - Brian Capron
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Viaduct Garage
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- Sid Clarke's house - Eunice's bedroom
- Glenda Fox's house - Exterior
- Brian Capron makes one of several appearances as Donald Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- TV Times synopsis: An attractive woman customer with a flashy car seems to be very interested in Brian Tilsley. Who's coming to dinner with Len and Rita Fairclough? And how will Len and Rita get on with their new live-in guest?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,400,000 viewers (2nd place).
|August 1981 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|