Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th August 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||5th August 1981|
|Next episode||12th August 1981|
John Spencer starts to enjoy living with the Faircloughs. Len feels that Rita is spoiling him. She hopes that they can hang onto John for longer. Brian finds it exciting that Glenda Fox fancies him. The Barlows return from Corfu. Ken carries Deirdre over the threshold. Glenda tries to get Brian drunk with champagne and feeds him. John's schoolmate punk Matt Stapleton takes him to a pop concert. Rita feels that Matt will be a bad influence. Ken is horrified that Mike got Susan a job in London. Brian gives his overalls to Gail to be cleaned, forgetting that he has one of Glenda's hankies in a pocket.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Deirdre Langton")
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- John Spencer - Jonathan Barber
- Ginger - Chris Fairbank
- Glenda Fox - Hazel Clyne
- Matt Stapleton - Paul Oldham
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Viaduct Garage
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- Glenda Fox's house - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Ken and Deirdre return from their honeymoon, and Ken learns some disturbing news about a member of the family. Gail gets a shock when she turns Brian's pockets out before doing the washing.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,450,000 viewers (1st place).
|August 1981 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|