Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd September 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||31st August 1981|
|Next episode||7th September 1981|
Emily is interested in doing more work for the community and Ken tells her that he is looking for a caretaker-cum-assistant at the Community Centre. She tells him that she's interested. Mrs Spencer calls for John: Rita and Len are sad to see him go. Fred discovers that Emily is thinking of moving. He and Eunice pounce on Emily and ask if they can rent her house when she takes over at the Centre. Eunice is furious when Fred tells Emily that she'll have trouble with vandals at the Centre.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Emily Bishop considers moving house…and someone thinks about taking over her home. How will Rita Fairclough react when her foster son John's mother comes to take him away?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,250,000 viewers (1st place).
|September 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|