Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th September 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||2nd September 1981|
|Next episode||9th September 1981|
The brewery starts a "Mr and Mrs" competition to encourage couples to drink together. Emily decides to drop the idea of the Community Centre flat because of the risk of vandals. Fred and Eunice are upset that Emily isn't leaving No.3. Alf refuses to let the Corner Shop flat to the Gees as he needs it for a new assistant. Fred tells him that Eunice will work in the shop but Alf isn't keen. Tracy is upset that she's missed her first day at school. Annie searches for a compere for the competition but no one is interested. Bet agrees to compere it herself. Alf puts Fred and Eunice down as caretakers at the Community Centre to get them off his back. Albert gives Emily the runaround. Mike tells Ivy that the business is going through a bad patch which could result in a three-day week. He tells her to keep the news to herself. Annie is annoyed when no one wants to enter the competition. She fears the reputation of the Rovers will be ruined.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The young boy who speaks to Alf Roberts outside the Corner Shop is uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: Fred and Eunice Gee fall out over their housing problem. Will the regulars of the Rovers Return rush to enter the 'Mr and Mrs' competition?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,500,000 viewers (3rd place).
|September 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|