Alf pushes Ken to employ the Gees, fearing that he'll be lumbered with them. Tracy is given the all clear but Albert prefers to live with Emily. Annie is delighted that Nellie Harvey is celebrating her sixtieth birthday tomorrow. Hilda considers coaching Stan in the right answers for the "Mr and Mrs" competition. Bet questions the stability of the regulars' marriages to enlist them for the contest. Fred isn't keen to take on the Community Centre but Eunice wants the flat. Emily tells Albert she wants him to leave when he keeps criticising her cooking. He tells her that he was leaving anyway. Ken warns Alf that Fred could be the worst person to have as a caretaker as he might start being heavy. The Gees are taken on at the Community Centre.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- This episode was transmitted at 8.00pm to allow for coverage of World Cup football in all ITV regions except for HTV Wales where the transmission time was 6.20pm and Ulster Television, Scottish Television and Grampian Television where the programme was broadcast at 6.45pm.
- TV Times synopsis: There's a little private rehearsing for the Rovers 'Mr and Mrs' contest. Alf Roberts steps in to help Fred and Eunice Gee over their housing problem.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,150,000 viewers (4th place).
|September 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|