Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th September 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||9th September 1981|
|Next episode||16th September 1981|
Hilda gives up cleaning for the Faircloughs. Jack moonlights on the taxis whilst claiming his dole. DOS Investigator Tom Elliott looks for Bert. Hilda goes for a cleaning job for a businessman. She is shocked to discover it's Mike. He agrees to take her on at his flat as she's honest and trustworthy. She is thrilled. Annie is horrified at the coarse manner in which Bet compares the "Mr and Mrs" competition. Bet is assisted by Len and Rita. Ivy is embarrassed by Bert's answers about their sex life in the quiz. Vera loses the quiz for the Duckworths by swearing Jack has never been unfaithful. Brian and Gail are persuaded to enter the quiz at the last minute. The Ogdens fail to get questions right. Brian and Gail are declared the winners and given champagne.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and back yard
- Corner Shop
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Who will be the winners of the Mr and Mrs competition at the Rovers Return? Who's the mystery man roaming the Street asking questions about a certain resident?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,750,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|September 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|