Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th September 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||28th September 1981|
|Next episode||5th October 1981|
Ronnie Burgess is taken to hospital. Brian has to make a statement. Audrey fancies a day shopping with Elsie, so she phones Mike and tells him that Elsie is ill and won't be in work. Ivy hears from the factory girls that Brian has been involved in a fight and she fears he's been hurt. She is relieved to find he's alright. Alf wants to take a holiday but doesn't want to leave the shop as Deirdre is only part-time now. Gail tells Tony Ditchburn where Audrey is staying, knowing that Audrey wants him back. He calls at No.11. Elsie tells him that he's got a cheek turning up after he's hit Audrey. Mike fears Frankie will marry Sylvie Hicks. Audrey is stunned when Tony tells her that he doesn't want her, and that's why he threw her out. The only thing he wants is his car back. She is furious and throws the keys at him. Frankie buys Sylvie a mink. Mike tells him to be careful that Sylvie doesn't spend all his money. Frankie doesn't care; he's having a good time. Audrey looks for a job. Alf asks her to run the shop for him whilst he holidays. She accepts. Brian is proclaimed a hero but discovers that Ronnie is critical in hospital and is still unconscious.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley is a local hero - but then comes worrying news about the villain of the piece. Why is Audrey Potter's boyfriend searching for her?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,900,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|