Gail fears that Brian will be sent to prison. Mike makes his dislike of Sylvie Hicks show. Audrey fails to take the shop as a priority and makes her hours very flexible. Stan receives a letter from Hilda wanting to buy the round for him. He is appalled. Eddie finds the situation hysterical. Stan tells Hilda that it is his round; he doesn't want to spend another winter cleaning windows. She tells him she doesn't like her life either. Ivy grows hysterical at the news that Brian has been arrested. Frankie decides to throw a party at Mike's flat. Audrey closes the shop to be with Gail when she hears of Brian's arrest. Mike is annoyed as Frankie's party takes over his flat. He tells Sylvie that she's a gold digger. Bert gets a summons to appear in court. Ivy doesn't understand where they've gone wrong as a family.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: The Tilsleys are in trouble, as both Brian and father Bert fall foul of the law. Will Stan Ogden sell up and live off the fat of the land, or will wife Hilda intervene?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,650,000 viewers (3rd place).
|October 1981 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|