Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th October 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||7th October 1981|
|Next episode||14th October 1981|
Vera organises a donation box towards Brian's legal fees. Bet thinks that she is responsible for getting most of the tips in the Rovers. Betty thinks she's got a cheek. Brian has to appear as a witness against Ronnie Burgess at his trial and then appear in court himself, charged with unlawful wounding. Mike gets the girls to work through their lunch hour to get an important order out to Johnson's. Bert is annoyed that Jack is so cheerful about his moonlighting. Bet sets out to prove to Betty that she gets the most tips. Fred is furious when Eunice orders £60 curtains. Ivy lets it slip to Gail and Brian that Bert is going to court as well as Brian. Bernard Clough takes the completed order to Hartlepool only to discover Johnson's has gone bust. Bet introduces separate glasses for tips to see who gets the most, hers being a pint glass, Betty's is half a pint while Fred is given a shorts glass.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room, office and loading bay
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Johnson's, Hartlepool - Exterior
- Unknown street in Hartlepool
- TV Times synopsis: Rovers' bar staff Bet Lynch, Fred Gee and Betty Turpin squabble over tips. How will they sort it out? The factory girls, chasing a rise, work overtime to get out an urgent order. Will it arrive on time?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,600,000 viewers (2nd place).
|October 1981 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|