Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th October 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||12th October 1981|
|Next episode||19th October 1981|
Mike is horrified to discover Johnson's have closed down. Brian celebrates his twenty-third birthday. He is determined to enjoy himself. Fred flirts with Audrey, annoying Eunice. Mike discovers Peter Johnson has run his business down. He is annoyed with himself for not finding out sooner. He starts looking around for another buyer. Bet dresses up in order to win more tips. Fred and Betty are annoyed at her smugness. Audrey stirs things between the Gees by telling Eunice she thinks Fred is sexy. No one wants Johnsons' order. Audrey and the Tilsleys throw a party for Brian and they forget their troubles with wine. Gail makes a birthday cake. Betty refuses to speak to Bet and uses Fred as a go-between. Annie tells the staff the situation has become unbearable and in the future all tips must be shared. Bet is pleased as she's proved her point.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office and sewing room
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- This episode was transmitted at 6.50pm in the regions covered by Scottish Television, Grampian Television, Border Television to allow for coverage of World Cup qualifier football.
- TV Times synopsis: Annie Walker waves a big stick in the Rovers. Who'll be invited to the Tilsley birthday party?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,650,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|October 1981 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|