Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th November 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||11th November 1981|
|Next episode||18th November 1981|
Eunice doesn't want to spend long living in a council flat. Fred finds Debbie Nuttall and boyfriend Jeff Walters snogging in the Rovers' Snug. John Spencer tries to escape the arguments at home as his mother's boyfriend hits him. Audrey asks Alf to take her to the wrestling. He fears that she'll go out with another man if he doesn't agree and asks Deirdre to work late. She tells him that she's not a mug and walks out, giving her job up. George Carter asks Elsie to work with him on the markets, running a stall for him. He tells her that she's got the knack. She is interested but asks for time to think it over. Eunice is pleased to see Debbie. John sneaks into No.9 behind Rita's back. Elsie is tempted by the money but doesn't like the idea of working outdoors. Debbie tells Eunice that her dad has thrown her out. Eunice takes her in despite Fred's protests. Debbie demands that Jeff stays with her. Mrs Spencer asks the Faircloughs if they've seen John as he's disappeared. Rita worries that he's alright.
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jeff Walters - Mark Shepherd
- Debbie Nuttall - Gina Maher
- John Spencer - Jonathan Barber
- George Carter - Joe Belcher
- Mrs Spencer - Jane Wood
- Bill Sutton - Michael Wardle
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway, back bedroom and yard
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat - Living room and kitchen
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: How will Fred and Eunice Gee react to having to put up two uninvited lodgers?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,563,000 viewers (2nd place).
|November 1981 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|