Mr Wormold dies and the residents of the Street are given the chance of buying their ground rents for £48. Debbie Nuttall tells Eunice that she's turned into a skivvy living in a rabbit hutch. Eunice is upset by the truth. Len buys the plot of land where No.7 used to stand off Wormold's estate. Bert realises that he's applied for sixty jobs since he's been redundant. Councillor Ben Critchley tells Alf that people are complaining about Fred and Eunice's attitude at the Community Centre. Fred has had a row with the Town Clerk's sister-in-law. Fred rows with Debbie about her attitude towards work. Eunice feels caught in the middle. Rita thinks that Len's throwing money away with his plans to build a new house in the space left by No.7. Alf warns the Gees that Critchley could cause a lot of trouble for them and for him for getting them the job. Elsie warns Audrey that Alf is planning to propose.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- Community Centre flat - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Eunice and Fred Gee face an investigation into how they got the Community Centre caretaking job - and the flat. Rumour says Alf Roberts has marriage in mind. But who's the lucky lady?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,250,000 viewers (1st place).
|November 1981 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|