|ITV transmission date||23rd December 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||21st December 1981|
|Next episode||28th December 1981|
Deirdre invites Emily for Christmas and she is delighted to accept. Fred goes to the Park View Hotel and tells Eunice that he loves her and pleads with her to make a new start together. She tells him that she's tired of struggling. He goes for Critchley accusing him of taking his wife off him. Eunice tells Fred she likes Critchley more than him. Mavis goes to the wholesalers to see Bobby Simpson but comes back upset to say that he isn't interested in her. Rita tells Mavis that Bet took her place on the date. Fred realises that his marriage is over. He is grateful when Annie offers him his old room back. Albert feels unwelcome in his own home. Fred moves back into the Rovers. Hilda is upset when Stan gives her an air freshener as a Christmas present. Deirdre feels sorry for lonely Alf and invites him for Christmas, pleasing Albert. Mavis gets drunk and tells Bet what she thinks of her. Emily receives a letter from Arnold's solicitor asking to see her.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Credited as "Tracy Barlow")
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- The Kabin
- Park View Hotel - Exterior and bar
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Last appearance of Eunice Gee until 1st November 1982.
- Last appearance of Tracy Langton until 31st May 1982.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis Riley explodes when she learns of Bet Lynch's part in the blind date. Deirdre Barlow puts husband Ken straight about their married life.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,150,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|