|ITV transmission date||28th December 1981 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||23rd December 1981|
|Next episode||30th December 1981|
Sylvie Hicks calls on Mike whilst visiting her parents as her mother is ill with a heart problem. Eddie tells Annie about a pub which has started a happy hour. She refuses to consider the idea. Emily phones the solicitors and discovers that Arnold has died. Annie hears from Mike and Sylvie that all the best London bars have a happy hour but they call it a "cocktail hour". Pleased with this more "up-market" name, she feels it could help trade. Mike asks Elsie to help him win a business deal by making up a foursome for dinner with buyer Wilf Stockwell. She agrees. Emily feels guilty for not visiting Arnold in hospital when he wanted her. Annie announces a cocktail hour between 5.30pm and 6.30pm, during which time beer will be 10p cheaper and spirits half price. The enthusiastic male regulars get drunk as Fred and Bet are run off their feet.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- This bank holiday episode was transmitted at 7.00pm.
- TV Times synopsis: How will the Rovers' regulars react to Annie Walker's new 'Happy Hour'?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,200,000 viewers (4th place).
|December 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|