Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th December 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||28th December 1981|
|Next episode||4th January 1982|
Vera accuses Elsie of being Mike's favourite when he gives her time off to have her hair done. Elsie is forced to tell the girls about the date. Vera is jealous. Mike takes Sylvie Hicks on the date as Sonia Price is ill. Hilda refuses to feed Stan as he spends all his time at Annie's cocktail hour. Nellie Harvey starts a Happy Hour between 6.30 and 7.30. All of Annie's customers desert the Rovers for the Laughing Donkey. Emily discovers that Arnold has left her £2,000 in his will. She doesn't want the money and feels Arnold is haunting her from the grave. Annie decides to stop the cocktail hour as her regulars have deserted her. Mike, Sylvie, Elsie and Wilf Stockwell go on the town. Wilf makes a play for Elsie whilst Mike and Sylvia flirt. However, Frankie turns up unexpectedly to see Mike.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Sylvie Hicks - Debbie Arnold
- Wilf Stockwell - Terence Longdon
- Frankie Baldwin - Sam Kydd
- Pub Customer - Charles Haggith
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- This was the final episode of the programme to be broadcast by ATV, Southern Television and Westward Television who had lost their franchises in the 1980 reshuffle and who transmitted for the final time the following day. They were succeeded by Central Television, Television South and Television South West respectively.
- TV Times synopsis: Annie Walker rows with Rita Fairclough over the innovation at the Rovers. What will Emily Bishop learn from the solicitors of her dead, bigamous husband, Arnold Swain?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,900,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1981 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|