|ITV transmission date||4th January 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||30th December 1981|
|Next episode||6th January 1982|
The factory girls grill Elsie about her night out. She swears nothing happened between Wilf Stockwell and her. Vera wants to tell Frankie that Sylvie went out with Mike but Elsie warns her off. Frankie tells Mike the tax man wants £500 off him. Mike refuses to give him any money. Frankie hears that Mike and Sylvie spent the evening together. He is upset that they didn't tell him. They assure him it was an innocent evening. Deirdre urges Emily to spend the money and forget it. Ken tells her that he needs a trampoline for the kids at the Community Centre. She thinks it's a brilliant idea. Wilf takes Elsie to the Rovers. Mike tells her to keep away from Wilf as his wife could cause trouble but Elsie refuses to listen - she likes Wilf.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, Hallway/stairs
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room, Office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room/kitchen, Hallway
- Sylvie Hicks' house - Living room
- This was the last appearance of Sam Kydd as Frankie Baldwin. He was due to appear in the following episode (and possibly others) but he fell ill immediately after recording this episode. The illness led to his eventual death on 26th March 1982.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,800,000 viewers (6th place).
- This was the first episode broadcast by Central Television after they took over the Midlands ITV franchise from ATV.
|January 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|