Fred tries to forget all about Eunice. Wilf Stockwell gives Mike the order. Frankie feels sure Sylvie and Mike spent the night together. Mike rings him and tells him that he's being stupid. Elsie cooks Wilf lunch at No.11. She tells him that his wife is checking up on him. Emily gives Ken a cheque for £1,200 for a trampoline. She wants to use the other £800 to buy a bed at the hospital in Ernie's name. Mike gives Sylvie a cheque for Frankie £500 to clear his debts. Gordon Clegg rings Betty, saying he's coming to visit her.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Sam Kydd rehearsed this episode for his role as Frankie Baldwin but fell ill immediately prior to recording. The illness led to his eventual death on 26th March 1982.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Frankie Baldwin succeed in 'blackmailing' a loan out of son Mike? Emily Bishop finally decides how to get rid of her unwanted inheritance.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,950,000 viewers (2nd place). This was the highest rated episode of the year.
|January 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|