Travelling electrician Alec Hobson advertises for business in the Street, camping out in his van. Bert gets a job interview as warehouse man, but the job has been filled when he gets there. Gordon turns up to see Betty. He tells her that he's getting married. Len tells Bert that Longshaw's Foundry are taking on fitters. Betty takes a shine to Gordon's fiancée Caroline Wilson. Bert is taken on at Longshaws - he can't believe it. He then discovers that his first day at work clashes with his court appearance.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- First appearance of Gordon Clegg since 3rd March 1976.
- TV Times synopsis: Betty Turpin's son Gordon turns up - with some big news. After more than a year on the dole, Bert Tilsley gets a job.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,250,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|