|ITV transmission date||13th January 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||11th January 1982|
|Next episode||18th January 1982|
Ivy feels that Bert should tell Longshaw's Foundry that he has to attend a funeral but Bert wants to tell the truth. When Alec Hobson disappears with her teasmade and toaster, Annie calls the Police. She feels awful when Alec returns with the repaired items and has to cancel her complaint. Ivy is furious that Bert is going to risk his job by telling the truth about the court case. Gordon tells Betty that she can bring Annie to the wedding, Betty tells him she will if Caroline agrees. Bert tells Mr Swift, the works manager at Longshaw's, about his court case. He tells him that if they'd known about the case they wouldn't have employed him. Caroline tells Betty she must bring Annie. She snootily tells Gordon she's not surprised the Rovers aren't bringing a charabanc. Longshaws admire Bert's honesty and keep him on. Gordon and Caroline return to London. Betty worries that he's making a mistake marrying Caroline.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- Longshaw's Foundry - Office
- Last appearance of Gordon Clegg until 29th September 1995.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Bert Tilsley lose his new job when he confesses that he was prosecuted for dole fiddling? What will happen when Annie Walker contacts the police about the travelling electrician?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,350,000 viewers (1st place).
|January 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|