Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th January 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||13th January 1982|
|Next episode||20th January 1982|
Annie is invited to the 200th anniversary banquet of Newton & Ridley. Alec's van breaks down. Margaret Swain calls on Emily and she tells Emily how Arnold ran out on her after their honeymoon. Emily is appalled that all Arnold told her about his unhappy marriage was lies and that he took her on honeymoon to the same hotel where he took Margaret. Annie has difficulty in finding an escort to the party. Margaret Swain tells Emily that Arnold left her nothing in his will and thinks it unfair that Emily inherited £2,000. Emily feels sorry for her. Betty takes pity on Alec and takes him in as a lodger.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Will Annie Walker find an escort for the brewery 'do'? Emily Bishop gets a shock when her bigamous husband's widow turns up out of the blue.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,600,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|