|ITV transmission date||20th January 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||18th January 1982|
|Next episode||25th January 1982|
Betty enjoys looking after Alec but begins to wonder if he's taking her for granted when he repairs his van on her drive. Annie and Betty go to Altrincham to buy outfits for Gordon's wedding. Emily still decides to buy the hospital bed and tells Margaret Swain that she deserves the £2,000. Emily gives her a cheque. Mike asks Alec to do some industrial repairs at the factory. Betty receives a telegram from Gordon informing her that he and Caroline Wilson are already married, having booked a last-minute register office ceremony. She is upset. Fred decides that he should escort Annie to the brewery banquet, with the hope that he can chat up Sarah Ridley.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Hillside Crescent
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Betty Turpin and Annie Walker buy new outfits and presents for Gordon Clegg's wedding, then comes upsetting news. Meanwhile, Emily Bishop makes a surprising sacrifice.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,450,000 viewers (2nd place).
Annie Walker: "You know, Mrs Ogden, I remember when the world was so different. It's like that thing on television. To think that it used to be like that..."
Hilda Ogden: "What were that?"
Annie Walker: "Oh, didn't you watch Brideshead Revisited? Brought it all back to me..."
|January 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|