|ITV transmission date||27th January 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||25th January 1982|
|Next episode||1st February 1982|
Bert starts work at Longshaw's Foundry. Chairman of the Licenced Victuallers, Gerald Bannister, agrees to escort Annie to the banquet. Ron Sykes tells Brian that he needs his decision on Qatar as soon as possible. Brian is keen but needs to convince Gail. Annie orders Fred to chauffeur Bannister and her to the banquet. Vera gets an electric shock from her sewing machine after Alec has mended it. Mike takes her to hospital for a check-up. Mike tells Alec that he's not paying for his work and won't employ him again. The hospital clears Vera. She considers suing Mike. Bannister backs out of the banquet at the last minute. Fred borrows Alf's dinner suit and Annie is forced to take him with her. Gail realises that Brian will have to go to Qatar and puts a brave face on the situation.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office and sewing room
- Viaduct Garage
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Last appearance of Brian Tilsley until 12th July 1982 as Christopher Quinten took time off from the programme to go on a theatre tour.
- TV Times synopsis: Brian and Gail make up their minds on the job he's been offered. Vera Duckworth gets an electric shock in the factory, and Mike tells Alec Hobson to sling his hook.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,150,000 viewers (1st place).
|January 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|