Fred dry cleans Alf's suit. Elsie worries that Wilf is taking her for granted as his "Manchester tart". Betty misses Alec. Fred is shocked when a barmaid, Phyllis Lomax, turns up saying that he offered her a job at the dance working as a waitress at "his restaurant". Ken is put out when Deirdre tells him that she wants a baby. He refuses to discuss the matter. Deirdre grows frustrated. Wilf takes Elsie out to dinner and tells her that he's very fond of her and misses her when he doesn't see her. She is pleased.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Deirdre Langton")
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Unnamed restaurant
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner has an unexpected date at a restaurant - but Bet Lynch gets stood up because of it. Fred Gee is embarrassed by a lady visitor to whom he seems to have made certain promises.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,800,000 viewers (3rd place).
|February 1982 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th|