Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th February 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||8th February 1982|
|Next episode||15th February 1982|
Ken tells Deirdre it wouldn't be practical for them to have a baby. When she pursues the subject, Ken stuns Deirdre by telling her that he doesn't want another child. Stan feels guilty for not remembering Hilda's birthday and buys her a Valentine. Deirdre accuses Ken of marrying her under false pretences, as he'd agreed to have a child before they married. He feels he's too old to be a father again. She tells him that she feels cheated. Stan gets Alf to write the Valentine and asks him to post it through the door on the day, so Hilda won't know its from him. Wilf tells Elsie that he wants to leave his wife.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Deirdre Langton")
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: How will Elsie Tanner respond when Wilf Stockwell says he's thinking of leaving his wife? Deirdre and Ken Barlow fall out over whether to have a baby.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,150,000 viewers (2nd place).
|February 1982 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th|