Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th February 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||10th February 1982|
|Next episode||17th February 1982|
Alf finds the card and realises he forgot to post it. He pushes it through No.13's door. Eddie starts to use a CB radio with the callsign of "Slim Jim" and he contacts a woman calling herself "Stardust Lil". Hilda finds her Valentine and hides it from Stan. Deirdre is cool towards Ken. Hilda thinks she's got a secret admirer, Stan says he sent it but she refuses to believe him as he's never sent her one before. Eddie spends the day talking to Stardust Lil. He tells her he's a business man. She is impressed by him. He asks her for a date and she agrees. Hilda dresses up in case her admirer makes himself known to her. Wilf turns up to see Elsie. She worries that he's left home. He tells her that he would never leave Dot for her. She feels better when he tells her his marriage has been wrecked for a long time, now he wants a bit of happiness. Eddie decides he'll nick Hilda's keys to Mike's flat to entertain Lil.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Chalkie - Teddy Turner
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran (Voice only, credited as "Stardust Lil")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Refuse site
- First appearance of Chalkie Whitely, although he is initially credited without a surname.
- First appearance of Marion Willis although she is only heard over Eddie Yeats' CB radio and not seen. She first appears on-screen in the next episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden receives a Valentine - and wonders who sent it. Wilf Stockwell tells Elsie Tanner that he's determined to leave his wife.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,500,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|February 1982 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th|