Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th March 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||15th March 1982|
|Next episode||22nd March 1982|
Fred tarts himself up for his massage. Elsie uses her state of Coventry to insult the other girls as they can't reply. Annie thinks it's wonderful that Fred is expecting a Swedish massage. Bet and Annie try not to laugh as Nipper Harris sets upon Fred. Wilf threatens to resign unless the order is reinstated. Nipper tells Annie there's nothing wrong with Fred after he's pulled him all over the bed. Elsie tricks Vera into speaking to her. The mood is broken to everyone's delight. Fred tells Annie that Nipper has put him back weeks. Annie tells him that he'd have to give up the Rovers if he's got a suspect back. Webster's calls Wilf's bluff and accepts his resignation. He plans to make a new start and asks Elsie to take him in, she refuses; she can't make a big commitment to him. Fred returns to work.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, hallway and Fred's bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office and sewing room
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: How will Elsie Tanner respond to Wilf Stockwell's hint that he'd like to become her lodger. Annie Walker implies that Fred Gee could be out of a job if his bad back doesn't get better quickly.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,650,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|March 1982 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|