Rita and Len decide to throw a party for Sharon's seventeenth birthday as she's never had a party before. Gail is upset that she hasn't heard from Brian for a while. Ron Sykes returns home on leave. Alec also returns and Betty is thrilled to see him. He gives Betty her £40 back. Elsie is sad that she's finished with Wilf. Betty hopes Alec will move back in with her but he wants to live in his van. Sharon is thrilled that she can have a party for her friends. Len has misgivings. Ivy hears that Ron is back. She and Gail are upset that Brian didn't return with him.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Street
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: What will Rita and Len Fairclough say when their young charge, Sharon Gaskell, wants to stay out all night on her birthday? Gail Tilsley gets some puzzling news about her husband Brian in the Middle East.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (4th place).
|March 1982 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|