|ITV transmission date||7th April 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||5th April 1982|
|Next episode||12th April 1982|
Mavis celebrates her forty-fifth birthday. The Faircloughs give her an expensive watch. Gail is thrilled when Brian phones up. She asks him why he went to Cairo instead of coming home. He tells her how much it would have cost him to come home and she understands. Alec recognises the wheels as his old ones that were stolen and refuses to pay for them, threatening to bring the Police in. Eddie threatens him but Alec tells him that he's a Judo expert. Derek turns up with flowers for Mavis and invites her out for a drink. She refuses and tells him to go back to his mother. She feels awful when he tells her that his mother is dead. The scrap man refuses to give Eddie his £36 back and thumps him. Alec sets off to the Lake District. Betty is sad to see him go. Gail considers getting a job.
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, Snug
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen, Hallway
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room/kitchen
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- First appearance of Derek Wilton since 11th April 1979.
- Last appearance of Audrey Potter until 2nd July 1984.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,900,000 viewers (1st place).
|April 1982 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|