Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th April 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||7th April 1982|
|Next episode||14th April 1982|
Gail asks Mike if he can help her find an office job. Rita tricks Mavis into talking to Derek on the phone. She apologises to him about his mother and agrees to go for a drink with him. Jack surprises Bet by telling her that he fancies her. Derek is looking forward to moving in with his sister. Bet cooks lunch for Jack and realises he's after refuge from Vera. Ivy is annoyed to hear that Gail is job-hunting. Bert tells Ivy not to interfere. Derek asks Mavis to look at some cruise brochures with him. Jackie Moffatt types Gail an interview letter for a job as her typing is better than Gail's. Gail is determined to get a job.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Ludlow Avenue - Bedsit and hallway
- Deirdre Barlow (Anne Kirkbride) and Ken Barlow (William Roache) are both credited but don't appear.
- First appearance of Jack Duckworth since 16th September 1981.
- This Easter Monday episode was transmitted at 7.00pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Barmaid Bet Lynch is pestered by one of the regular customers at the Rovers. Gail Tilsley applies for a job, but has to enlist a friend's help.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,298,000 viewers (chart placing unknown - this was the only episode of the year not to make the top ten ITV charts however Episode 2227 (4th August 1982) had a lower figure of 10,950,000 but still made 2nd place in the charts).
|April 1982 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|